Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Obedience to Serve

March has flown by and I am trying to catch up with the monthly blogs!
So we are here in the last day of the month of March.
A new month is now here and Spring has just begun.


I have been thinking a lot about my obedience to the Lord and His calling for my life.
This past resurrection weekend I had the opportunity to discuss the Purpose Driven Life with my family and there was great discussion surrounding God's purpose for our lives.


And lately I have been feeling a bit hindered and deterred from what I feel God has purposed for me to do next in this purpose driven journey. It has been difficult trying to determine where I am to go next in serving Christ. There is a tug of war going on within me that has been hindering my obedience to serve. I have been feeling a bit discouraged, yet still thirsty to serve the Lord and commit myself to Him.


"What is this tug of war that is going on inside me," I ask myself. And I see that God is ready for me to move forward with what He has called me to do. It is exciting yet exhilarating all at the same time. Some emotional ride you may think!


I feel God asking me, "Where is your obedience to serve me?" And I have a hidden fear of what will happen once I surrender my obedience completely to Him.

And then I refer to the scripture on my shirt from when I was a greeter in my previous church in Michigan that says, "If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land..."
- - - Isaiah 1:19


This scripture has inspired me and encouraged me to stay focused on God's obedience. We shall "eat the good of the land" if we are willing and obedient. Are you obedient to the Lord? Are you serving the Lord in obedience? If not, then what is holding you back from obeying God? If we are not willing to serve in obedience then we are not willing to receive what God has promised us.


What will you need to be obedient to in serving Christ?


Until next time...


Love & Many Blessings,
ats

No comments: