Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Day At a Time

The laundry is piling up. I just cleaned the kitchen floor and now it is dirty again!
The dust is just turning everything into clouds of shades of grey!
Did I remember to pay the bill for the phone?
The pictures that are supposed to be hung are still hanging...ON THE FLOOR, waiting to get put up! And I sometimes feel the urge to try and do it ALL in one day.


This is what causes the stress and then I start to almost panic because the house is not organized and clean the way I dream and desire it to be. And some days become so sad for me because I feel like I have too much clutter. I've gotten rid of so much and yet I look around in the different rooms of the house and see things piled up everywhere (yep THINGS).


And then I ask myself, "Why in the world are you still smiling?" Because no matter what, it's all about taking care of family- living each day one day at a time. Now I sometimes want to knock myself upside the head because part of me wants to be livid from not having things they way I feel they need to be done. Then the other part of me just wants to go with the flow. Having a 10-month old and a 5-year old brings many surprises throughout the day. And though I try to work on SOME TYPE of schedule, things always change because something new always pops up- mostly- on a daily basis. Yes, the something new every day is pretty much consistent...can I get an Amen? :)


So when you are feeling the need to scream, to just let out a cry of frustration from ALL that you STILL HAVE LEFT TO DO- just remember God knows what He is doing with us. Just let Him lead. Take it one day at a time. That's all we can do. Pray about it. Ask Him to help you manage throughout the day to keep that peace He has already provided there in us. Breathe. Smile. Relax. This is part of life and it continues on whether we get the house the way we want to OR NOT.


Take it one day at a time- don't let it get to you. Please note that I am preaching to myself as I journal this entry! Try smiling: think of something you are thankful for. Try to do this each day of this week. Feel free to share how it goes. This helps us to stay focused on peace, rest, and sanity.


One day at a time...I'll pray for you and please do the same for me.


Let's make it a STRESS-FREE week!


Enjoy!

No comments: